Zika Toolkit for Healthcare Providers: For the updated version of the Zika Toolkit, click here.
About the Webinar:
Zika virus—which can be acquired by mosquitoes in some areas or from sex with a man who has the virus—can be passed from a pregnant woman to her fetus and cause miscarriage or serious birth defects including microcephaly. Soon mosquitoes in the United States may spread the Zika virus. How can we help both women and men who may be at risk?
This webinar will include:
- - Overview of the Zika Toolkit
- - Steps a healthcare provider can take when counseling a non-pregnant woman or man about preventing Zika transmission
- - How health systems in hospitals and state-specific programs are addressing Zika and the need to expand access to contraceptive care
- - Training and education materials on quality contraceptive counseling in the context of Zika
Who Should Attend
The webinar is designed for healthcare providers of family planning services, program managers, policy staff, and providers funded by other federal agencies. This may include administrators, physicians, advanced practice clinicians, nurses, counselors, and other interested staff.
Upon completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- - Discuss key steps when counseling male and female clients in a family planning setting about preventing Zika transmission
- - Describe health care system changes in hospitals and state-specific programs to facilitate quality contraceptive care in the context of Zika
- - Identify available training and education materials on quality contraceptive counseling in the context of Zika
Topics and Presenters
Welcome and Opening
- Susan B. Moskosky, MS, WHNP-BC
- Acting Director
- Office of Population Affairs
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Rockville, MD
Overview of the Zika Toolkit
- Christine Dehlendorf, MD MAS
- Associate Professor in Residence
- Departments of Family and Community Medicine,
- Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences,
- and Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- University of California, San Francisco
- San Francisco, California
Zika Preparedness and Contraceptive Access at Emory University
- Melissa Kottke, MD, MPH, MBA
- Associate Professor Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Emory University
- Director, Jane Fonda Center for Adolescent Reproductive Health
- Atlanta, Georgia
Utilizing the Zika Toolkit in Louisiana's Zika Action Plan
- Christine Valentine, MD
- Medical Director
- Valentine Medical Center
- New Orleans, Louisiana
Registration and Fees: This webinar was free of charge
There was no fee for a certificate of participation.
Continuing Education credits were only available for the live webinar. You cannot receive CNE/CME for the archived webinar.
FPNTC is supported by the Office of Population Affairs of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The information presented does not necessarily represent the views of OPA, HHS, or FPNTC member organizations.
Contact the Family Planning National Training Center for Service Delivery at 510-835-3700 or OaklandEvents@cardeaservices.org