Archived Webinar from June 25, 2013
- The link above is to the handouts.
- Link to the recorded webinar: http://chtevents.webex.com/chtevents/lsr.php?RCID=63f2699bcf61026d2f2ce111b8c43e39
- Link to the survey to provide feedback after the event: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/X923F67 For your convenience, this link will pop up after you finish the recording (in most browsers)
About this webinar
The incidence of human trafficking has increased at an alarming rate over the past decade. In fact, human trafficking victims are very likely to present at family planning clinics and health centers. As a health care provider, how do you know when the patient in front of you is a victim of human trafficking? If a victim does present, what is the best way to respond to assist her/him?
This webinar will cover these questions, include case studies, offer resources, and provide an opportunity for an interactive Q&A period with the presenters.
Who Should Attend
This webinar is designed for clinic managers, nurses, medical assistants, and health educators.
Upon completion of this webinar participants will be able to:
- Recognize the signs that indicate a human trafficking victim in a family planning setting.
- Describe steps to respond to and assist victims of human trafficking when they present in a family planning setting.
Becky Owens Bullard, M.A. is a consultant on issues of gender-based violence and human trafficking based in Denver, CO. Ms. Bullard specializes in the intersections of domestic violence and human trafficking and creating collaborative, victim-centered responses to these issues. She has conducted trainings nationwide for diverse audiences. Ms. Bullard currently coordinates the Denver Anti-Trafficking Alliance. She previously worked as a National Trainer and Program Specialist for Polaris Project.
Dr. Tonya Chaffee is an Associate Clinical Professor of Pediatrics for the University of California, San Francisco, at San Francisco General Hospital (SFGH). She is SFGH’s Medical Director of the Child and Adolescent Support, Advocacy and Resource Center, which is the sexual assault center for the City and County of San Francisco. She currently serves as a Selected Committee Member of the Institute of Medicine’s Committee on Commercial Sex Exploitation and Sex Trafficking in the United States.
Please provide feedback after watching webinar: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/X923F67 For your convenience, this link will pop up after you finish the recording (in most browsers)
A certificate of participation is available to participants after they finish listening to the recording and complete the survey using the link above.