The Department of Health and Human Services Office of Population Affairs (OPA) within the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health has recently reorganized its training resources into five National Training Centers (NTCs) that will work in tandem to enhance the capacity of Title X family planning grantees and agencies to deliver reproductive health services to the Title X community and beyond.
The Five NTCs
The National Clinical Training Center (CTC) for Family Planning provides quality clinical training in support of clinical family planning Nurse Practitioners, Certified Nurse Midwives, Physicians and Physician Assistants. more...
The National Training Center on Quality Assurance, Quality Improvement, and Evaluation (QA/QI/E) provides training and technical assistance designed to enable grantees and sub-recipients to implement QA/QI/E programs to promote efficiency, improve performance, and support evaluation. more...
The National Training Center for Management and Systems Improvement (MSI) will provide training and technical assistance to grantees and sub-recipients designed to respond to the rapidly changing health care landscape including changes resulting from the Affordable Care Act while maintaining access to the delivery of high quality family services. more...
The National Training Center for Coordination and Strategic Initiatives (CSI) provides coordination and support among the training centers in order to effectively meet the training needs of the Title X network. more...
Each NTC has specific areas of expertise and is responsible for developing and delivering training and technical support to the Title X Grantees in coordination with other NTCs. Together, the NTCs are seeking to ensure that personnel working in Title X family planning service projects have the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to effectively deliver high quality family planning services in accordance with Title X laws, regulations, policies, and nationally recognized medical standards.
For further information about the Family Planning National Training Centers, please contact the Office of Population Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Federal Agencies and Resources
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (OASH)
- Office of HIV/AIDS and Infectious Disease Policy (OHAIDP)
- Office of Population Affairs (OPA)
- Office on Women's Health (OWH)
- Office of Minority Health (OMH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention (NHCHHSTP) - Division of STD prevention
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (NCCDPHP)-Division of Reproductive Health
- Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB)
- Bureau of Primary Health Care (BPHC)
- The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight (CMS/CCIIO)
- Healthy People 2020